Sunday, June 14, 2009

Being Challenged

How are you getting on with Beth's "Row by Row". I know I'm having huge problems with my maths. This is a real challenge for me.

I'm also giving some thought to the Geraldton Club's challenge. I've drawn the pattern up on my new EQ6 and played around recolouring it. The variety of effects is amazing by changing the lights and darks around. Actually making it up will be enough of a challenge.


There is a link on the side to "What was I thinking". I've already entered my ugliest quilt. I chose my first Gero Club challenge, using 3 colours from a paint chart (see pic above). My effort was very ugly, as well as being totally unusable for anything, it's so stiff with paint I can't even fold it up to put it away.
Have a look at the competition and enter your ugliest quilt. The more entries the more fun.

I have also added a link to Quilt Aid.
To raise funds for The Addis Ababa Fistula Hospital in Ethiopia, this beautiful collection of patterns can be ordered along with the required fabrics and your choice of finishing kit.
You end up with a lovely quilt and help a good cause at the same time.

I hope some of our members will take up this challenge. The 12 block kits can be ordered over a period of time to spread the cost and the range of finishing kits is gorgeous. My favourite is from The Quilted Crow in Tassie.

No comments: